Thursday, June 18, 2009

room with a view~

So I've been MIA for bit~but with good reasons! It was my daughter's birthday and I took her to Lake Michigan for a mini vacation! We were total beach bums! Then I can back home...to tons of work on the house. I have started to take down the wallpaper, tear out carpets and take down the curtains in attempt to remove the stench. The previous owners had several dogs (supposedly 10!!!) and smoked so it was a bit stinky. I am switching my focus to the bedrooms, well only two of them-mine and my daughters. Here are the before pics of my daughters room, it was the previous owners son's room and she HAND PAINTED all of it!

She's just chillin' (don't worry-she's laying on a blanket!). You can see a bit of the closet-they are HUGE!
It's a log cabin theme if you haven't noticed-this is the painted gun rack:

Here's an up close of the window painted on one of the walls-a bear in a stream with a fish in his mouth-the detail is amazing!
Here's a pic of the whole 'window' and the logs are also hand painted:


And a fishing pole leaning in the corner. One of the walls was left blank with the beginning sketches of a fire place. I am going to feel somewhat bad painting over this but I have a 9 year old GIRL and this isn't cuttin' it.


Here's my new room-not too many pics. The windows take up almost one whole wall facing Main St. The ceiling needs to be scraped and textured, and walls need to be painted. Unfortunately the previous owners painted the hardwood floors so I'm going to try and work with it


I'm not exactly sure what I am doing but it's going to be along the lines of what I previously posted. Here's another view:
Do you have ideas for a fabulous bedroom? Send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment