Friday, June 5, 2009

My aching back...

I went over to the house today like I previously posted. Originally to take pictures then I decided to clean up a bit. I'm not sure why I decided to do this all today especially after I worked all day on my feet-I'm definitely paying the price now. So the picture below is what the front of my house used to look like. Horrible isn't it?
And here's what I got done, well I should say we my lovely daughter helped! Hidden in that mess was coral belles, astilbe, and lots of sedum.
Under all of those vines and bushes was one of the cement brick walls (I have 2). Unfortunately the plants destroyed some of the bricks. So they have to go. I'm sad about that-they are original to the house, one even has a date stamped in it (1914)! But don't worry (I know you are) I plan on reusing the bricks to line the front garden. Hopefully I will be getting that done soon and will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment