Tuesday, August 11, 2009

~to the fair we go~

We are slowly etching away at our summer 'to do' list; crossing more and more off every week. We decided to go to a local fair the other week and had a blast! It was a typical country fair which is exactly what I wanted my daughter to experience.

Here's a view as we drove up...




Rides aren't exactly my most favorite part of a fair, so we mixed going on rides with visiting the barns~

I decided not to get too close to this fellow, I've heard they can spit and I wasn't willing to stick around and find out.


This calf was the SWEETEST~he had the softest fur...


This poor momma pig had ten babies pullin' at her and all she wanted to do was sleep. See the little piglet by her face? He was biting her nose the whole time trying to get her to wake up~she didn't budge though!


Luckily we still have fairs running well into September so we hope to hit a few more up before the season ends! But in all honestly I'm more excited about the fair food~funnel cakes, corn dogs, french fries, cotton candy~ooohhh I'm making myself hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment