Friday, August 7, 2009

~beautiful blue~

My lovely daughter finally picked out a paint color for her room and it was a total shocker! She's a purple girl through and through but to my surprise she chose blue! A lovely light shade that reminds me of water and has a name very fitting 'Clearwater'. The room has been prepped, primed and painted. It took a whopping THREE coats of primer to get rid of the log cabin theme.

Here's some before pictures as a reminder...














I did feel a little guilty painting over all of the hard work that went into hand painting everyone of those scenes. But only a little guilty. Just a smidgen.



Here are a few after pics. The carpet is in the process of being ripped up and removing the tack strips. The previous owners decided to refinish the floors the same way they did in the other rooms: with area rugs still in place. So I have a nice 1 1/2 foot border of a completely different finish. Guess what? I'm paintin' over it with a nice purty white.










I have some lovely white accents to add to the room. I'll keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment