Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm back...

Well, actually we're back! I was off of work last week and got a ton of things done at the house but we took a break over the weekend. We headed up north to my grandma's lake and became beach bums!

I stitched this photo together it turned out pretty good (click on it to make it larger)...

My daughter has never caught minnows before (not too many at the beaches we visit) and this was one thing on her summer 'to do' list. We had to have caught at least 50...


At the end of the day we did let them go...


The water was pretty clear and cold. But I got in. We walked out to the diving dock and I chickened out, like it said it was cold. We still had fun, found a bunch of shells, caught minnows and swam a bit, I'd say it was a very successful beach trip!

This is the 'cold creek' we named it that when we were kids (not sure if it has an 'official' name)-it is the COLDEST water that you will ever touch! It empties into the lake, my daughter had a lot of fun in it getting really cold and then jumping back in the lake. The lake water didn't seem too cold after that!



Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment